No member shall be eligible to be elected to any District Lodge office unless he has previously served in an elective office of a Chapter, District Lodge or Supreme Lodge, and no person shall hold an office in the District Lodge while holding at the same time an elective office in a Chapter or in the Supreme Lodge, except by special dispensation of the Supreme Lodge, upon written request of the District Convention, or the District Lodge. Before assuming his office in the District Lodge, it shall be required of him to resign the office he holds in the Chapter or the Supreme Lodge. A Delegate to a District or Supreme Convention shall not be considered as serving in an elective office within the meaning of this provision.
2. DISTRICT GOVERNOR ELIGIBILITY:
No member shall be eligible for the office of District Governor unless he shall have served as President of a Chapter for at least one (1) year, and as a member of the District Lodge in an elective office for at least one (1) year; or unless he shall have served for two (2) or more years on any District Lodge as an elected Officer.
SECTION B. OFFICES MAY BE COMBINED
1. COMBINED OFFICES: The District Convention may by two-thirds (2/3) vote combine the offices of Lieutenant Governor and Marshal and the office of Secretary and Treasurer respectively.
2. VACANCIES: In the event of a vacancy in the office of District Governor, the Lieutenant Governor shall automatically become the District Governor. All other vacancies shall be filled by the District Lodge.
SECTION C. DISTRICT LODGE MEETINGS
1. MEETINGS: Meetings of the District Lodge shall be whenever necessary at the call of the District Governor, or upon his disability, illness or refusal, by the District Lieutenant Governor, or on his disqualification, refusal or illness, by two (2) members of the District Lodge. The District Secretary shall notify members of the District Lodge of the District Lodge meeting and the time and place that the same will be held.
2. QUORUM: A quorum of the District Lodge shall consist of a majority of the members of the District Lodge. No business shall be transacted unless a majority of the members are present. There shall be no voting by proxy.
SECTION D. SUBJECT TO SUPREME LODGE
The District Lodges shall be subject to the supervision and direction of the Supreme Lodge.
SECTION E. FINANCIAL SOURCES OF DISTRICT
1. SUPREME TREASURY PAYMENTS TO DISTRICTS:
The AHEPA Supreme Treasury shall refund to the several District Lodges at the rate of:
(a) One Dollar ($1.00) for every Fifteen Dollars ($15.00) initiation fee received by the AHEPA Supreme Treasury;
(b) Fifty Cents ($0.50) for every Five Dollars ($5.00) reinstatement fee received by the AHEPA Supreme Treasury; and
(c) Two Dollars ($2.00) for every full year’s per capita assessment received from the Chapters of their respective Districts. These refunds shall be due and payable quarterly.
2. DISTRICT SHORTFALL FUNDING: In Districts where the membership is small and the revenue insufficient to cover expenses, the AHEPA Supreme Treasury shall pay to such Districts any deficit not to exceed the sum of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), provided the membership in good standing is less than three hundred (300) members.