A. THE DISTRICT GOVERNORS
It shall be the duty of each District Governor:
1. ENFORCE RULES:
To enforce the AHEPA CONSTITUTION and AHEPA BYLAWS, decrees, rules and regulations of the AHEPA and to encourage strict adherence thereto among all members of the District Lodge;
To visit the Chapters in his District as often as possible; the necessary expense incidental to these visits shall be defrayed from the District Treasury out of the appropriations made for that purpose by the District Convention;
3. NEW CHAPTERS:
To investigate any application for the establishment of a new Chapter within his District and to report to the Supreme President on same;
To report the condition of his District to the Supreme Lodge at least once in three (3) months, the necessary blanks for this purpose to be supplied the District Governors by the Supreme Lodge; and
5. REGIONAL CONFERENCES: To attend and participate in one of the Regional Conferences called by the Supreme President to review the programs of the AHEPA for the year. These conferences are to be headed by the Supreme President or his designee. EXPENSES: The expenses of all District Governors for attending these conferences are to be limited to transportation expenses only and shall be paid out of the appropriation for same.
SECTION B. POWER OF DISTRICT GOVERNORS
Each District Governor shall have the right, power and authority:
1. CALL MEETINGS:
To call a meeting of the officers or members of any Chapter in his District, examine the books of such a Chapter and report his findings to the Supreme President. All necessary expense connected with the exercise of this power shall be defrayed from the District Treasury;
2. SUSPEND CHARTERS:
For justifiable cause, to suspend the Charter of any Chapter within his gubernatorial District by and with the consent of his District Lodge and the Supreme President;
3. OBTAIN ASSISTANCE:
To deputize any member of his District to assist him in the supervision of the work therein;
4. SERVE AS CONVENTION DELEGATE:
To sit in the Convention of his District and, as a Delegate-at-large, in the Supreme Convention of the AHEPA, to participate in the deliberation and to vote on all matters acted upon by the respective Conventions herein mentioned; and
5. GROWTH AND EXPANSION: To be responsible for the growth and expansion of said District, and to this end he shall appoint the necessary committee or committees required for the purpose of increasing the membership of the District.
SECTION C. DISTRICT LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR AND VICE PRESIDENT / DIRECTORS
It shall be the duty of the District Lieutenant Governor to assist the District Governor in his duties and to perform such other duties as may be designated to him by the District Governor. In the event of removal, resignation, absence, illness, disqualification or death of the District Governor, the District Lieutenant Governor shall assume the duties of the District Governor. The duties of the District Vice Presidents/Directors are those specified in Article 10, Section C for the corresponding Vice President/Directors of a Chapter.
SECTION D. DISTRICT SECRETARY
The District Secretary shall: (1) be the Secretary of the District Lodge; (2) attend all District Lodge meetings; (3) keep accurate and concise minutes thereof, and (4) perform such other duties as are designated to him by the District Governor.
SECTION E. DISTRICT TREASURER
It shall be the duty of the District Treasurer to:
(1) receive all monies belonging to his District;
(2) give a receipt for same;
(3) sign all checks, which must be countersigned by the District Governor: and
(4) report quarterly on all monies received and expended by him to the Supreme Lodge and to the District Governor, copies of which report he shall send to his Chapters.
He shall give a bond in the sum of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) as security against the defalcation of the District funds coming into his possession. The bond fee shall be paid from the funds in the custody of the District Lodge Treasurer.
SECTION F. DISTRICT MARSHAL
It shall be the duty of the District Marshal to:
(1) execute the orders of the District Governor;
(2) see that the proceedings of the different Chapters are uniform in the conduct of the opening and closing of the meetings;
(3) inspire enthusiasm among the members;
(4) take such initiative in the organization of new Chapters as may be delegated to him by the District Lodge; and
(5) co-ordinate all educational activities in his District.
SECTION G. DISTRICT WARDEN
The District Warden shall:
(1) have custody of all properties of the District Lodge;
(2) preserve and protect the Archives of the District; and
(3) have other duties as shall be assigned to him by the District Governor. The District Warden shall have the duties and responsibilities to account for all items belonging to the District immediately upon the election of his successor.
SECTION H. DISTRICT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
It shall be the duty of the District Athletic Director to supervise and coordinate the athletic activities and programs of the Chapters within the District.
SECTION I. PAST DISTRICT GOVERNORS
The immediate retiring District Governor shall be a Delegate to the District Convention of his District and shall be entitled to one (1) vote, with all the rights and privileges of the other Delegates, with the understanding that he be in good standing with his Chapter.
SECTION J. DISTRICT ADVISOR
1. DUTIES: It shall be the duty of the District Advisor to supervise the activities of the Sons of Pericles in his District. He shall directly supervise and work with the District Lodge of the Sons of Pericles and shall countersign all checks for expenditures pertaining to said Sons of Pericles. He shall render reports on the progress of the Sons of Pericles.
2. SELECTION: The District Advisor shall be appointed for a one (1) year term by the incoming District Governor from a list of three (3) names submitted by the newly elected Sons District Lodge before the closing of the District Convention. Three (3) additional District Advisors shall be selected concurrently by the newly-elected Sons District Lodge for one (1) year terms. In the event that the District Advisor is not appointed by the end of the District Convention, the National Advisory Board shall select an appropriate District Advisor from the list submitted by the Sons of Pericles within seven (7) days from the close of the District Convention.